Monday, July 28, 2008

How to Be Happy... Anyone?

The other day my friend gave me a book by the title "How to Be Happy". At first glance, the book looks rather attractive. It has a big smiley face on the the cover, with white background on the front and back cover. However, I found that the title was somehow over-used by other authors. If you browse through any bookstore you will be able to find such book with almost all having the same titles.

However, I still read through randomly the first few pages of the book and found that somehow this book is worth reading from the start until the end. Probably because I am the type that loves to read self-improvement books. Plus the wordings in the book and the thickness doesn't seem to look like it will take a lot of time to finish it off.

The more pages I read the more I felt the book is different from any other that I have read so far. It took me about half a day to complete (Ohh... I'm really a slow reader... need lots of time to ingest sometimes ^_^)

The title itself is plain and simple, which is straight to the point. It is easy to read and digest and would be suitable for all walks of life. Now I understand and starts applying it to my everyday life. True happiness comes from within.

BTW, this book is free and can be obtained from the website http://www.howtobehappy.org/
Anyone can use it for a happier life. And, I have started to inject the main point from the book to my brain and try to stick to it all the time. I am always truthful, positive and helping others. Hope it will... to you too ^_^

No comments: